As you probably already know, companies are not allowed to use the upcoming international sports festival aka The Olympics/London 2012 to promote their brands. You’re not even allowed to decorate a cake with the 5 coloured rings for heaven’s sake. All a complete nonsense, we’re sure you’ll agree.
Especially – ESPECIALLY – as the presence of the Games (also a copyrighted phrase apparently) in London means that businesses are going to have to be very creative about getting their goods out, and customers are going to have to be very understanding about delays in receiving them.
Snorestore, as a London-based online retailer, has been getting doom-laden emails from Royal Mail and other couriers for months warning of disruption to their services. You can read the details here if you want to wade through acres of small print.
Or you can read these bullet points written by us:
- The period of disruption lasts from now until 17th September (!)
- Order in plenty of time for your holiday/swim/marriage to snoring partner. i.e. about two weeks ahead. At least.
- The Olympics will affect mail collections from the Post Office from which we send all Snorestore orders
- This means we have to bring forward the cut-off time for same-day dispatch to 1pm. If you want guaranteed next working day delivery, this affects YOU.
- Next Working Day delivery will be just that for the duration. No more “guaranteed by 1pm.” Instead: “at some point the following working day.”
- Expect your Snorestore stuff to take AT LEAST an extra day to get to you. It will probably take much longer. NOT OUR FAULT IT REALLY ISN’T.
- Orders from Europe and beyond are best sent using a Signed For service. Please use this.
- Be patient. The games will be good for us even if you are only watching them on the TV.
- A few deep breaths and a sense of humour are good for your health
Er, that’s it.